Kevin’s New Classmate – Revealed! (SMART product announcements)
All is revealed in the video Kevin’s New Classmate – Part Three.
Small group learning will never be the same again.
Watch the video before you scroll down — no peeking, okay?
Did you guess correctly?
We’d like you to meet Kevin’s new classmate, the SMART Table 442i collaborative learning center! It’s really exciting to introduce you to a collaborative learning center with an LCD display. Students expect high resolution displays similar to consumer devices at home and this shared LCD display is built for interactive collaboration. Because it’s from SMART, the SMART Table is also sturdy enough for use by preschoolers. In fact, my twin preschoolers served as product testers last month and gave it “four thumb’s up.”
We hope you enjoyed following along with Kevin to help him solve this mystery!
Here are some key things to know about the new SMART Table 442i collaborative learning center and SMART Document Camera 450.
Key things to know about SMART Table 442i collaborative learning center
- SMART Table enables students to simultaneously interact on its multitouch surface, so everyone can participate in learning – including students in wheelchairs and those with limited motor skills.
- It’s ideal for early education and adds greater accessibility for students with special needs in an inclusive classroom.
- It meets Universal Design for Learning (UDL) guidelines and provides multiple ways for students to interact with lesson content.
- SMART Table’s innovative features include:
- Scratch- and spill-resistant 42” (106.7 cm) LCD 1080p display
- Supports 40 simultaneous touches, enabling up to eight students to collaborate on lessons at the same time
- Audio ports to focus auditory learning and minimize classroom distractions
- Sturdy pedestal design prevents tipping and supports 200 lbs (90.7kg) of weight
- 1,500 SMART Exchange activity packs and applications are directly accessible from the SMART Table with built-in Wi-Fi
- SMART Table Toolkit enables teachers to easily create interactive activities for the SMART Table (no programming skills required)
Key things to know about SMART Document Camera 450
- Use the new SMART Document Camera 450 to record audio and video.
- Interact with images and manipulate 3D content with a Mixed Reality cube.
- The SMART Document Camera’s 360-degree, flexible gooseneck also provides you with more freedom to view physical objects at different angles.
- Our newest document camera can even function as a webcam with video conferencing software like Bridgit conferencing software.
- The new SMART Document Camera also pairs well with a SMART Board interactive whiteboard (of course).
How would you enable student learning with a SMART Table 442i collaborative learning center?
Do you have ideas for how you would use video to augment lessons with the SMART Document Camera 450?
We welcome your feedback and creative lesson ideas here!
Sam at SMART
Sam Paterson is the online community manager of the EDCompass blog, the official SMART blog for educators. She curates compelling articles from educators using SMART products and writes about student-centered learning with technology. Sam began her career with SMART in 2001. Prior to SMART, she worked in K-6 school library and college publishing.