Product announcement: SMART Notebook 11 collaborative learning software
SMART Notebook 11 software will enable teachers to easily incorporate resources from the Web, using new features such as:
- Embedded web browser, which allows teachers to insert a live browser page directly into a SMART Notebook file
- Widgets, such as a dictionary and translator, which teachers and students can handwrite a query into, receive the answer and drag the answer directly into the SMART Notebook page
- An avatar widget, which teachers can use to bring in dynamic, talking avatars into the software and save them in the Gallery
Widgets will be available for download on the SMART Exchange website. Educators and third-party developers can also create their own custom web-based widgets using a software development kit.
The software will be available as a free download for existing license holders of SMART Notebook, or for purchase, in spring 2012.
Other exciting features include:
- Crayon feature
- Customizable creative pen
- Activity builder tool
- Enhanced contextual toolbar
- Reset page function
Visit smarttech.com/notebook11 for a look at all the new features available, and be sure to check out EDCompass magazine over the next few months, as we’ll be featuring sneak peeks of new features and an in-depth look at what this new version of the software will offer your classrooms!
EDCompass asks: What feature are you most excited about?