SMART Notebook enhancements increase accessibility and ease-of-Use
The capabilities of SMART Notebook collaborative learning software continue to expand with several improvements that make this award-winning interactive whiteboard software even more accessible and easy to use.
Over six million teachers have activated SMART Notebook software to create and deliver engaging lessons for more than 40 million students in 175 countries around the world. SMART Notebook 11 software is part of a complete solution featuring a variety of products designed to increase creativity, interactivity and collaboration in multiple teaching and learning scenarios.
This fall, we are adding SMART Notebook Interactive Viewer software and the Linux version of SMART Notebook 11 software to the Notebook platform.
- SMART Notebook Interactive Viewer software will allow you to download, at no charge, a basic version of SMART Notebook to view and interact with content offline. You will be able to view SMART Notebook software pages, make annotations with digital ink, play Flash® content and page recordings and interact with widgets, animations and activities.
- The Linux version of SMART Notebook 11 software will offer Linux users key features of SMART Notebook 11. It supports the embedded Internet browser, multitouch and gesture recognition and widgets developed through the SMART Notebook 11 software development kit (SDK). It also offers an improved toolbar, and will now be available to Mac, Windows and Linux users.
SMART Notebook 11 software has also achieved official IMS interactive whiteboard/common file format (IWB/CFF) v1.0 conformance, making SMART the first company to attain this status. For more information, visit http://www.imsglobal.org/cc/statuschart.cfm.
In addition to SMART Notebook Interactive viewer and the Linux version of SMART Notebook 11 launching in the fall, the SMART Notebook platform includes:
- The SMART Notebook app for iPad allows students and teachers to use SMART Notebook on the iPad, enabling a seamless transition between whole-class, small-group and personalized learning
- The SMART Notebook 11 software development kit enables educators and third-party developers to create an unlimited number of custom add-ons and widgets
- 3D Tools for SMART Notebook is a plug-in that provides tools to import, view and manipulate 3D content in SMART Notebook with no need for additional hardware
- SMART Notebook Math Tools is a plug-in that provides the digital tools necessary to create mathematical content and graph equations in the context of a SMART Notebook lesson activity
- The SMART Notebook Express web application is a lightweight web-based version of SMART Notebook software available at no charge that lets users open, edit and share lessons.