SMART Notebook App for iPad Now Available!
The anticipated SMART Notebook App for iPad is now available on the Apple App Store.
With iPad becoming increasingly popular at schools across North America, SMART developed a light App version of SMART Notebook collaborative learning software. The SMART Notebook App for iPad enables personalized and collaborative learning by allowing students to create basic multimedia files and complete SMART Notebook lesson activities using an iPad.
Your students can use the SMART Notebook App for individual and small group learning with an iPad, and the full desktop version of SMART Notebook collaborative learning software with a SMART Board interactive whiteboard for small-group and whole-class learning.
What can I do with the SMART Notebook app?
- Complete pre-created SMART Notebook lesson activities and create basic multimedia files using a choice of tools.
- Zoom and pan – Get a closer look and navigate content by using zoom in or out and the panning to reveal a different area of the content
- Text – Insert or edit typed text and change the font type, color, size and justification on the page using the Text Properties
- Pens and Erasers – Create drawings and annotations using colored digital pens and highlighters and choose the right-sized eraser to wipe out ink
- Objects – Organize information and change a page layout. Tap to move, rotate or scale an object. Double tap or tap and hold an object to activate the Infinite Cloner and change the Sound properties
- Photos – Make files visual by inserting photos from the iPad camera and camera roll
- Sound – Enhance the auditory experience by adding sound recordings to objects. Double-tap or tap and hold an object to pop-up the Context menu to record a new sound
- AutoSave – let the app save all revisions automatically as you work
- Undo & Redo – quickly undo or redo your last change with one tap
- E-mail files – share SMART Notebook files by e-mailing one or more files from the SMART Content File Manager or from directly inside an open file
Note: Flash-based content, including SMART Lesson Activity Toolkit content, is not supported by Apple iOS decvices, like the iPad
- Manage all your files with the SMART Content File Manager that gives you a thumbnail view of each. You can quickly find a file by panning to browse the thumbnails, tap to open a new or existing file, and tap below the preview thumbnail to type a file name with the virtual iPad keyboard.
- Save files from a desktop computer to a web-based storage device, like Dropbox or Google Drive, to access from an iPad, and asynchronously collaborate with small group of students, or e-mail files with one tap.
- With Internet connectivity, access SMART Notebook files that are saved in web storage services or download SMART Notebook files directly from the SMART Exchange website.
- Display content from an iPad to a SMART display for whole class discussion using AirPlay and an AppleTV or using an HDMI or VGA cable
- Set the language to English, UK English, French, Spanish, Italian or German.